To demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have prepared this statement disclosing our privacy practices. Here, you will learn what personal identifying information of yours is collected, how and when we might use your information, how we protect your information, who has access to your information, and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
MLJ Library collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from the user, from Web server logs and with cookies.
Web server logs
When you visit our Web sites, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include
- your Internet protocol address.
- what kind of browser or computer you use.
- the number of links you click within the site.
- the state or country from which you accessed the site.
- the date and time of your visit.
- the name of your Internet service provider.
- the Web page you linked to our site from.
- the pages you viewed on the site.
Personal information users give us
On some of our Web sites, visitors can register to purchase products or services, receive personalized content. When you register, we will ask you for some personal information.
For registrations, we may ask for your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number(s). We may then contact you with information about other MLJ products and services. Visitors can un-register themselves for such promotional calls anytime by updating preferences with each MLJ service(s) to which they are registered.
Finally, you may be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you. For example, we may collect personal information from you (such as an e-mail address, system information and problem descriptions) in order to provide online technical support and troubleshooting.
How We Protect Your Information
MLJ uses technical security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control.
Who Has Access to the Information?
MLJ will share your personal data in three ways
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, or as needed in connection with the transfer of other business assets. In compliance with the Law, MLJ does not share information with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes unless you expressly ask us to.
- with other MLJ businesses and associates,
- with agents and contractors who use it on MLJ's behalf or in connection with their relationship with us. For example, if you register for a contest, the company that manages the contest for us will have access to your personal data.